Youth sports are a perfect platform for young people to grow in various virtues and skills. In sports, they learn discipline, time management, respect, leadership, and many more skills. However, there are some risks involved in sports play. Your young athlete may experience joint, spine, or back dysfunctions and pains. This can wreak havoc in the life of the athlete and may even threaten the joy your child finds in sports. Chiropractic care provides a solution to these risks.
At Lynch Chiropractic Center in Lexington, KY, we pride ourselves on 30 years of offering chiropractic services, including pediatric chiropractic care. Our licensed and experienced Chiropractor, Dr. Kevin Lynch, specializes in chiropractic practice to get rid of the pain. When you visit our location, our chiropractor will examine your musculoskeletal system, determine the source of your body pain, and develop a treatment plan just for you or your child.
Benefits of Pediatric Chiropractic Care in Lexington
There are many reasons why you may need chiropractic care for your young athlete. Don’t wait until the athlete has an injury for you to seek chiropractic care. Here are some benefits of chiropractic care for young athletes:
- Prevent injuries – when the spine is misaligned, it may cause limited motion in the legs, neck, and back, resulting in sports injuries. A chiropractor can diagnose a misaligned spine and correct it before it causes an injury.
- Minimizes pain – chiropractic care helps reduce pain to the joints, back, and neck without medication.
- Diagnosis of the injury and its severity – You may mistake a major joint injury for a minor one. However, with regular chiropractic care, the severity of the sports injury can be diagnosed easily.
- Fasten recovery – chiropractic care may quicken the healing process of a young athlete after a sports injury.
Signs that Your Young Athlete Needs Chiropractic Care
Spinal problems may not show immediate symptoms, but here are some signs that indicate your child may need chiropractic care:
- Chronic back pain – this is an apparent reason why your child may need Chiropractic care.
- Frequent muscle and joint pains – rampant joint and muscle pains point to the need for a pediatric chiropractor in Lexington.
- Trouble or pain when stretching – difficulty or pain when trying to stretch indicates the need for chiropractic care.
- Headaches – if they occur frequently, you may need to find a pediatric chiropractor in Lexington for your child.
When to Get Chiropractic Care after a Sports Injury
If your child has a sports injury, you may need to find a good chiropractor to minimize pain and also reduce the chances of another injury. You also don’t need to wait for the signs or when your child is in pain to find a pediatric chiropractor. You can find a chiropractor as soon as your child starts to participate in sporting activities.
At Lynch Chiropractic Center in Lexington, we pride ourselves our commitment to our Chiropractic patients. We take a whole-body approach to determine the cause of pain and administer the right treatments. Give us a call on (859) 266-1999, or fill out our brief online form to schedule an appointment if you need a family or pediatric chiropractor in Lexington, KY.